Sunday, July 13, 2008

And We Are Led........

I haven't had time this summer to do a lot of blog reading which has made me sad. I feel like I am out of the loop with all my blog friends but my kids come first so I guess until school starts that's just how it's going to be.

However......I have found a new blog thanks to Lizzy. I read the whole blog in one sitting and it has made me so thankful that we have the opportunity to come in contact with people through blogging that we would never have been blessed by otherwise. I am a better person because of her and her prospective on life and death.

All week since reading this blog the song "For Good" from Wicked has been playing in my mind. Here is part of it:

GLINDA
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you:
Unlike the lyrics, I do believe this is true. We are all here for a reason and we are here to be an example and share our talents with others to help them and us be better.
This blog.........A Daily Scoop is about a sweet family who has lost their baby due to a drowning. Her perspective on life and death is comforting to those of us who have lost a loved one. She has an amazing testimony of the gospel and an even more amazing way of capturing it in her writing. Like the lyrics to the song, I am a better person with a stronger inner peace because of this wonderful woman. Thank you Stephanie! Heavenly Father is blessing you and others in ways you may not even know!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I have been reading this blog also, and it really has made me appreciate and love my children even more. I want to be a better person, a better mom, and to really take the time to see the little things in life. I don't know her, but she has definitely been an example and comfort to so many people!

Bits Of Becca said...

Thanks to you and Anny, I was introduced to this blog as well. Anny and I sat and read it most the evening last night. She does put things in a way that I wouldn't think of or know how to express. Thank you for sharing, I too was thinking of putting a small post on my blog about her. She had a great impact on me and how I need to look at my life a little differently.

Let Your Hair Down said...

I love to read this blog in the morning because i know somehow it will give me a better attidude to go meet my day. I truly think they are amazing, and it makes me want to be a better wife, mother, sister and just in general a better person.

lindsey said...

thank you for sharing that. i love that song and especially the meaning behind it. thanks for making my day better ;)