Saturday, July 12, 2008

Colorado Part 6 - Going Home

The last day we went to the Russel Stover Factory and can I just say I have NEVER seen so much candy in one place at one time. Amazing! The girls had fun eating all the samples that were EVERYWHERE!
Then we spotted these Tee-Pees...........So we had to go and investigate.

It turned out to be the Ute Indian Museum. (Do you like the cheesy picture of the girls and I in front of the museum?) The girls had fun playing in all the tee-pees.

The also LOVED trying to all fit on this big bear statue. Even little Heidi got in the picture Ü!

On the way out of town we stopped in Telluride Co. I totally fell in love with this charming town. Everything about it was unique and cute and friendly. My favorite thing was all the flags that lined the main street. I felt the towns patriotism. Everyone had a dog or a stroller. LOVED IT!!! We went up the mountain a bit and saw Bridal Veil Falls. It was beautiful.
We ate a yummy breakfast at Maggie's out on the sidewalk while watching all the people walking up and down the street.

This picture doesn't do the main street justice but I love how the mountains are all around and the hanging baskets line the streets with the flags outside every shop. I loved how there was no fast food, no gas stations, nothing commercialized there. Reminded me of Carmel Ca.

And who wouldn't love a town that had a cafe with this to greet you? Flower boxes, a fun bike and a nice dog. Welcome!!!

Lastly we stopped at Four Corners and took a picture. I'm sure I will never be there again so this is proof that we were able to be in four states (New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Colorado) all at the same time.

The End!

6 comments:

Grandma T. said...

Wonderful report of the vacation. Too bad you have to ride in a car to get there. Your comments about the antique-ing reminded me of how much I like to do that, and haven't in ages. Luckily some of it can be done right here in Mesa for homebodies like me. I wish you had taken a picture of the bed. Your girl's outfits for the 4th were cute.

Crazymamaof6 said...

fun trip! are you recovered yet after that much time in the car? beautiful sights, quaint towns! LOVE IT!

Cindy said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun, Cara!! I'm so sad that you were so (sort-of) close -- right here in CO!! :o( But I'm glad you got to see so many fun places!

Vidal's Nest said...

What a fun trip. You sure were able to do so much! Good for you!
Glad you had a good time! My fondest memories are family trips!
Good times Ü

jennifer said...

Colorado looks like it was a blast. I would love to see Bridal Falls that looks beautiful. jen

Lori said...

What a great vacation! I still want to go to the four corners spot. The pictures are beautiful! I wish we could see more green here. Oh well.