Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dinner Tonight

While I was in Colorado I got a few great recipe's from my friend Suzanne. Everything she makes is soooo yummy and the Barbeque Sauce she whipped up one night was a huge hit with 7 little girls sitting around the table. I am making it tonight for dinner and I can't wait!

Suzanne's Barbequed Pork in the Crock-Pot
1 cup vinegar
1 cup water
1 cup catsup
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 small onion - diced


Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Pour over pork roast in crock pot. Cook on high 4-5 hours, low for 8-10 hours.

We served this to the girls with a fruit salad and rice. Tonight I am serving it with sweet potatoes and a salad. You could also shred the pork and serve with buns for pork sandwich's.

And a little secret - add more Montreal Steak seasoning if you want a bigger kick!


8 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for the recipe. We have church at 2 and so I need good crockpot recipes that will be ready when we get home at 5. I think I'll try this one next week.

Cindy said...

Sounds delicious!!

Bits Of Becca said...

Sounds so good. I'm always looking for a new crock-pot recepie. My husband isn't a big, sweet, meat eater, so I may have to wait until he is out of town to make it. Thanks for sharing!

Anny said...

Yep, we are still blogging together. I am excited to try this recipe too. I love bbq pork and the crock pot. Now let's just cross our fingers that someone in my family will eat it!

sara said...

yum...my family will love this...thanks for the recipe...do you have any other really good ones you'd like to share?

lindsey said...

i am gonna have to try that! yum!!

miscellany said...

This one is going to happen on Sunday. Thanks for sharing.

Katherine said...

I'm a lurker who has been reading your blog since you started the 52 week challenge - which I am proud to say I am up to date on :) It has really created so much positive energy in my life - thank you.

I had to post about this recipe. So yummy! I love pulled pork of any kind and the crock pot ease was a bonus. I wanted to tell you that I took the leftovers and topped a pizza crust with a small amount of BBQ sauce (for my hubby, my side I left plain), then a generous amount of colby/monterey jack blend cheese and then the yummy pulled pork. It was so YUM - yum enough, in fact, that I've already made it again.