Friday, July 11, 2008

Colorado Part 4

On the 3rd we went down Main Street in Montrose Co. to Main in Motion. This is a small town folks (18k) I think half of those people were on main street!
Every charming little shop and store was open with offerings of hot dogs, ice cream, face painting (which as you can see we took full advantage of) sodas, candy, stickers, people on the street singing and playing their musical instruments. It was a lot of fun! We stopped at the bouncy house and the girls also did hula-hoops. I would have totally done the hula hoop because I am a secret hula hoop champion (you would not have guessed that would you?!) but my knee had just been kinked up for the last 3 hours and I was lucky to be able to be walking on it. I didn't want to ruin my luck and have it go out again (darn joints!) so I passed on my opportunity to shine with the hula-hoop!
On the way to the car I saw this mural painted on the side of a building. It reminded me of the big mural they had painted on the side of the rodeo grounds growing up in California. I had to take a picture of the girls with it. All in all we had a great time exploring Main St in this cute little town!

8 comments:

Grandma T. said...

How long ago were you the Queen of Hula Hoops? I'll bet you could still rock and roll if your knee was better.

cindylou said...

So fun!! I love the girls' face paintings!! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Crazymamaof6 said...

looks so fun! love a small town 4th of July street fair!

Jenifer said...

You make me want to go to Colorado! I can't believe how much you packed into just a few days!

Let Your Hair Down said...

It looks like you guys had an amazing time

Let Your Hair Down said...

ps... "water boy" and "water girl" did a great job last night!!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

Ok those picture totally remind me of my childhood! Face painting and hooping! How fun!!

& I will second that. Waterboy and water girl did an excellent job last night! I can't thank you enough!! You guys are simply wonderful!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

Ok those picture totally remind me of my childhood! Face painting and hooping! How fun!!

& I will second that. Waterboy and water girl did an excellent job last night! I can't thank you enough!! You guys are simply wonderful!