I must explain this game - Gordon B. Hinkley came up with "The Be Attitudes" for the youth (and everyone really) in our church. It's in his book "Standing for Something" where he explains it.I got this cute little game "Bee Attitudes" for about $5 at Desert Book one day because I thought it looked cute and easy. It IS cute and has become our favorite (fast) family game! The funny part is that the "Bee Attitudes" Are a little different than the originals because I think there is a copyright or something. None the less - it's a family favorite and I highly recommend getting it for your family (whether you are LDS or not) It teaches great values.
It is Abby's all time favorite game! (It reminds me when I was younger and we would play "The Dukes of Hazzard" card game for hours with my Dad. (poor man!)
We then made Smores for our treat. I only made one for each of us since it was now 9:30 and I didn't want the girls to be up all night hyped up on sugar. These are one of my favorite treats! Reminds me of the beach growing up! Yummy!!






15 comments:
I've tried Smores over a stove burner and in the microwave which are too messy for me. Never thought of the oven! Duh.
fun FHE! i'll have to check out that game!
Sounds like a perfect fhe. We haven't had it in years and I have been wanting to get going on it again!
Your post motivates me thanks!
Oh~ Love the photos of you all eating smores. very cute
SO great to spend time together playing games.
Love the smore pictures of your girls :)
Looks like a fun night! Your girls are so cute, I loved all the modeling poses in the other pictures!
What a fun FHE! We have the Bee game as well and the kids do love it. They play it every Sunday. S'mores are so yummy. I've done it in the microwave. I'll have to try it in the oven.
Love the smores in the oven!! I gotta do that!
Yummy! I'm going to make a s'more right now! I haven't seen that game, so we will have to check it out. My boys play "Book of Mormon Battles" on Sundays.
I love the pics of everyone eating smores! What a great idea to do them in the oven. I'll have to try that. It's so great that you post what's going on in your home all the time. I just need to get my kids to read this so they feel like they still know their cousins. Love you!--Colette
Smores are so yummy! Great ideas. Love the girls in the suits. Can totally tell they belong to you! So very cute.
How fun! We love the Bee game too. We always seem to pull it out on Sundays when the kids are losing it. It works wonders! We are eating dinner late too-at Aspen Grove they served dinner at 5pm and we were all starving by 8:30, our usual dinnertime lately!
CUTE "B" game! Mmmm S'mores! Dang it! Now you're makin' me hungry! I've never made them in the oven before, usually the microwave! Did you 'bake' or 'broil'?
uh oh...
my little guy just saw these pics of s'mores & ran to get the box of graham crackers! hahaha
Never knew you could do smores in the oven - great idea (still love to lurk on your blog) andi gooch
Hey -- good idea to do smores in the oven! We made some for our FHE last week, too but we did them over our grill. They didn't work too well, though, because the grill is gas. I'll have to try the oven out next time!! You're always so full of good ideas!
Post a Comment