Thursday, August 21, 2008

Little Things

Lately I have found myself not writing about the "little things" on my blog. Several times through out the day I am in the throws of life and I completely write a new blog post in my mind- yet I never manage to make it over to the computer to get it actually posted! When I do have a minute to write, my mind goes blank. So I have filled my last few posts with vacation stories and decorating ideas. All of which are great things to post about but.......

I'm missing the "little things."

Like today, Abby and I went to get the mail and we got a baby shower invite. She opened the envelope and oohed and aahed over how cute it was. I told her who it was for and we talked about gifts. When we got out of the car she said, "Mom do you get wet at a baby shower and do you have to take you clothes off and be naked?" (grin)

And Cassidy being so sweet to me when my leg was hurting, helping me walk to the car. She is always the sweet, helpful one. I need to write about her sweetness more.

That's the kind of little things I want to remember 10 years from now when they are teenagers and don't want to talk to me (I'm sure that won't happen but it might) the decorating and the blog hopping will not be important. But my kids......that's what I'm going to want to remember.

10 comments:

lindsey said...

i do the exact same things. it is so important to remember the little things

loving life with livie said...

i love that. i wish my mom remembered more of the sweet things i said to her. Ü

idahohubers said...

Yes, the memories are wonderful! Sometimes I think people get tired of hearing what my kids say or do, but then I remember that my blog is keeping these family memories alive for us and that usually motivates me to post about them.

I LOVE to hear stories about the good, bad, sweet, silly, sneaky ... things other people's kids do! Especially the bad and sneaky because then I feel like I'm not the only one with "energetic" children. Hee, Hee.

Bits Of Becca said...

Thank you for helping me remember the little things. I too get stuck on the big vacations, and interesting things in my life. I am glad however, that I did write down a couple of cute things my kids did and said this last week. It will be fun to remember them.

Think Pink said...

So True...I want to remeber all the little things they say and all the sweet faces they make. Life is going by WAY too fast....
Thanks for the reminder! Have a good weekend! Ü

Anny said...

What a great post. The little things are what keep us going in life! What cute girls. My boys have asked me what we do at showers many times. I think they get it now. Thanks for the reminder.

Crazymamaof6 said...

you are so right! it's hard some days to think of "blog worthy" posts. and to think others want to read this? it's your blog and only what you want to put matters. it's so fun to go back weeks from now, and totally years to see "hey, this is what she thought back then? that is too funny/cute/sweet!" time flies, and my memory is SO not what i thought it was. blog the little stuff! it's the most important thing, glimpses of moments.

Jenifer said...

love the little things. just don't post about yoga:)

{The Prince Family} said...

you're so cute Cara. I LOVE reading your blog! And Abby is a doll! That "naked" comment is so sweet and innocent, I love it!

I just added your link to my blog (for easier reading on my end!) Hope you don't mind!

Kendra said...

That was such a beautiful post. I loved that you mentioned a few of those moments that make life as a Mother so sweet. Your girls are precious. I laughed out loud when I read about the baby shower. Jadyn asked me the same question when we were planning her aunt's bridal shower in November. Kids are pretty clever.