Monday, September 22, 2008

Chicken Scampi


Finally!
I have been asked over and over for this recipe. I have also given it out over and over and it's always a hit. So get your printers ready and your grocery list next to you!


Chicken Scampi


4 chicken breasts

1/4 -1/2 c. butter

1/4 c. olive oil

10 green onions

5 Roma tomatoes - sliced

2 t. minced garlic

2 t. dried basil

2 lemons

1 box bow tie pasta
salt and pepper to taste


***

cut chicken into bite sized pieces, saute chicken in butter & garlic & onions.
and basil and continue cooking until chicken is done.
pre-pare pasta as directed on box
in large bowl, combine cooked chicken and pasta. toss with olive oil add tomatoes and as much fresh basil as you like (I like a lot) and more green onions & toss again. add lemon juice (again I like a lot) and toss again. sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese.
serve hot or cold. It's good either way! I also serve it with lemon wedges on the side if anyone wants MORE lemon! (like me Ü)

****

(disclaimer- I don't use any butter like the recipe calls for. I use olive oil and not very much while cooking the chicken - mainly because I don't eat dairy and to try and cut some of the fat out of the recipe.)

Recipe given to my by my SIL Eleana

now for the kicker:

have you ever eaten at Carrabbas and the waitress brings out the little plate where she puts a small scoop of herbs on then pours olive oil for your dipping pleasure?


well, I have the recipe folks and it is so good I ate it the next day with my omelet and toast. You are sooo gonna love me for this:


Carrabbas Herb Oil for Dipping Bread

1 t. crushed red pepper

1 t. ground black pepper

1 t. dried oregano

1 t. dried rosemary

1 t. dried basil

1 t. dried parsley

1 t. granulated garlic

1 t. minced garlic

1 t. salt

1/4 c. olive oil


mix all ingredients together EXCEPT the olive oil. Put about a teaspoon on a small plate then pour the 1/4 c. olive oil over herbs.


Dip the bread of choice and don't call me when you have gained 10 pounds!
**if you've eaten this - leave a comment and tell me what you think
**if you make it - leave a comment and tell me what you & your family thinks
**if you hate it - don't leave a comment about the food just tell me I'm cute or nice or something like that!
Hee, Hee!

10 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

both recipes sound FAB!

i love the dipping oil at Carrabba's ! yummy!
thanks for sharing that secret recipe with us! you are FABULOUS!

Nikki said...

OH. MY. YUMMY! I am so making that chicken dish this week! Thanks!

Anny said...

I better comment now, or I never will. Making a real meal is very rare in my home, not because I do not like to, it's because I'm never home and no one eats my REAL food. I will try it someday, it looks yummy!

momof3crazykids-Val said...

Oh Cara, thank you so much. Gonna make this soon! It looks so yummy and I love Carrabba's dipping oil another Thank YOu!

Cindy said...

This looks like a recipe that I will LOVE! I'm going to go out and get the ingredients tomorrow and whip this up! Thanks for sharing it, Cara Sue!

Kimmurs said...

I made the Chicken Scampi, it didn't look like your's ! :(

Jennifer said...

Nice work Emeril! Sounds delish-my family loves a very similar dish I make but sub in pinenuts instead of tomatoes which I love but McCall hates. Miss you-getting caught up with my life! Talk soon?

crystal said...

yum-yum-yum! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for posting this recipe!! It looks SO yummy and I was just making my menu for this week... so now its on there and I'm so excited to make it! Thanks!!!

Jenna said...

Hi Cara - It has been forever since I have seen you but I always love looking at your blog!

This is my absolute favorite part of Carrabba's! I eat so much bread that I take most of my dinner home.

The only thing I do different at the restaurant is I only pour half the plate with EVOO - I ask for a balsamic vinegar bottle and fill the plate with it!

Yummy! Oh how I miss Carrabba's!

oh ya - you are cute and so nice!