
Finally!
I have been asked over and over for this recipe. I have also given it out over and over and it's always a hit. So get your printers ready and your grocery list next to you!
Chicken Scampi
4 chicken breasts
1/4 -1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. olive oil
10 green onions
5 Roma tomatoes - sliced
2 t. minced garlic
2 t. dried basil
2 lemons
1 box bow tie pasta
salt and pepper to taste
***
cut chicken into bite sized pieces, saute chicken in butter & garlic & onions.
and basil and continue cooking until chicken is done.
pre-pare pasta as directed on box
in large bowl, combine cooked chicken and pasta. toss with olive oil add tomatoes and as much fresh basil as you like (I like a lot) and more green onions & toss again. add lemon juice (again I like a lot) and toss again. sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese.
serve hot or cold. It's good either way! I also serve it with lemon wedges on the side if anyone wants MORE lemon! (like me Ü)
****
(disclaimer- I don't use any butter like the recipe calls for. I use olive oil and not very much while cooking the chicken - mainly because I don't eat dairy and to try and cut some of the fat out of the recipe.)
Recipe given to my by my SIL Eleana
now for the kicker:
have you ever eaten at Carrabbas and the waitress brings out the little plate where she puts a small scoop of herbs on then pours olive oil for your dipping pleasure?
well, I have the recipe folks and it is so good I ate it the next day with my omelet and toast. You are sooo gonna love me for this:
Carrabbas Herb Oil for Dipping Bread
1 t. crushed red pepper
1 t. ground black pepper
1 t. dried oregano
1 t. dried rosemary
1 t. dried basil
1 t. dried parsley
1 t. granulated garlic
1 t. minced garlic
1 t. salt
1/4 c. olive oil
mix all ingredients together EXCEPT the olive oil. Put about a teaspoon on a small plate then pour the 1/4 c. olive oil over herbs.
Dip the bread of choice and don't call me when you have gained 10 pounds!
**if you've eaten this - leave a comment and tell me what you think
**if you make it - leave a comment and tell me what you & your family thinks
**if you hate it - don't leave a comment about the food just tell me I'm cute or nice or something like that!
Hee, Hee!

10 comments:
both recipes sound FAB!
i love the dipping oil at Carrabba's ! yummy!
thanks for sharing that secret recipe with us! you are FABULOUS!
OH. MY. YUMMY! I am so making that chicken dish this week! Thanks!
I better comment now, or I never will. Making a real meal is very rare in my home, not because I do not like to, it's because I'm never home and no one eats my REAL food. I will try it someday, it looks yummy!
Oh Cara, thank you so much. Gonna make this soon! It looks so yummy and I love Carrabba's dipping oil another Thank YOu!
This looks like a recipe that I will LOVE! I'm going to go out and get the ingredients tomorrow and whip this up! Thanks for sharing it, Cara Sue!
I made the Chicken Scampi, it didn't look like your's ! :(
Nice work Emeril! Sounds delish-my family loves a very similar dish I make but sub in pinenuts instead of tomatoes which I love but McCall hates. Miss you-getting caught up with my life! Talk soon?
yum-yum-yum! THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for posting this recipe!! It looks SO yummy and I was just making my menu for this week... so now its on there and I'm so excited to make it! Thanks!!!
Hi Cara - It has been forever since I have seen you but I always love looking at your blog!
This is my absolute favorite part of Carrabba's! I eat so much bread that I take most of my dinner home.
The only thing I do different at the restaurant is I only pour half the plate with EVOO - I ask for a balsamic vinegar bottle and fill the plate with it!
Yummy! Oh how I miss Carrabba's!
oh ya - you are cute and so nice!
Post a Comment