Saturday, October 4, 2008

Creative Friday


Last year (or maybe it's been a few years) Mindy and Monica and I had 'Fun Friday."
I lived for Fun Friday. Really it was just an excuse to get out of the house and go have fun while the kids were in school. Cole and Abby were little so they came a long which wasn't always fun but now I kind of miss not having them in the afternoons. (good thing Brooke brought her twins - it made it less lonely)
Fun Friday gave me motivation to get everything done during the week and let me have a few guilt free hours to myself with my friends. Lunch was usually involved which was a bonus if you ask me!

Friday I started up the "guilt free me time" again with Creative Friday. I had ordered some Spooky Banners from emmie cakes for us to create. Brooke, Mindy, Monica and I got take out and met at my house for some crafting time. The banners turned out so cute and were such an easy two hour project. Talking, laughing, crafting - just what a girl needs on a Friday.
We decided that Fun Friday should start up again with some type of project thrown in once a month. Can't wait to see what we do next. I'm thinking Christmas presents, Birthday presents, Christmas Cards, who knows?!!!
For now I think I need to get a few more Halloween decorations up on my mantel so my cute banner doesn't look so out of place!!

I stopped over at Kristy's blog Everything Is Pink and she did the exact same thing this week. Great minds think alike I guess! Go check out the cute banners she made! She's also doing a give-a-way with something from emmie cakes.

****and yes...this did help my "funk" for a little while!****

5 comments:

Lori ~ LL-K said...

Love it!! Very Cute!! I mean very Spooky!! Glad you had a good time!

crystal said...

(frantically waving my arm) I wanna come! I wanna come!

This is such a great idea.

I saw Kristi's post and decided on the spot to order something from Emmie Cakes. This post seals the deal.

And. Please post a photo of your Halloween mantle when you get it done.

Crazymamaof6 said...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! i want one of those! :(
i've been coveting those cute banners! i guess i need to suck it up and just order one.

so fun!
i'm jealous of the fabulous afternoon of fun!

Anny said...

So cute, seriously! What a fun afternoon and only in two hours, you are all very productive! Wish I was there!

Cindy said...

This is sooo cute! I love love love your banner. CARA -- I want to move back to AZ just to be by you! I want to do all of these fun, cute, crafty things you do. You're awesome!!