Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Countdown

I love Halloween. I love dressing up, going to parties, seeing others amazing costumes. (This year I'm a 50's girl). Tonight the girls and I went to a trunk-or-treat at the church. It was fun to see everyone and the kids had a blast going around the parking lot 5 times filling their bags. I can't wait to see what they got!

I brought my cute little nephews with me tonight and it was fun seeing Harley who is 2 figure out the whole trick-or-treat thing. He didn't quite get it for the first few stops then he held that bag out and said "tricktreat" with gusto!!! So cute!!

Abby changed her mind at the last minute and didn't want to wear her pink princess dress with pink sparkle shoes and crown. She wanted to wear her gymnastics leotard and shorts with flip-flops. Why do I bother getting a cute costume when I can just have her wear a leo! What ever - pick my battles right? Princess vs. gymnastics leo .....or......boyfriend at the age of 5. hmmmmm what do you think?

Tomorrow will be hectic for sure. Both girls have a parade at their schools at 2pm. Did I mention they go to two different schools? I am also helping with the Halloween party in Cassidy's class from 2:30-3:30 and Abby gets out of school at 2:50. hmmmmm again. And some people say being a stay at home Mom is boring. Pah-leeze!

Off to bed - Busy day tomorrow.

Questions:
What are you going to be for Halloween?
Do your kids like to change their minds last minute?
How many parties do you have tomorrow?

8 comments:

Lynn F. said...

Hi Cara,
I know how you feel about the changing costume. Every day Shaylee says, "Now I know what I want to be for Halloween..." But we have had her costume for a month! By the way, our parade is at 1:30, so that might help with your busy schedule. See you later.

Megan said...

oh Cara,
I feel your overwhelmedness through the computer.
good luck today

Jenifer said...

We had trunk or treat???? I had no idea! Bummer man! Perhaps if I ever went to church:)

sara said...

yes my kids change their minds all the time with costumes, i totally gave up a few years ago and told them i would no longer buy stuff and that they can use whatever we have at home...last year aaron was a student, he dressed in normal clothes and used his backpack to get candy...

Becca said...

I wansn't sure how I was going to do my day, yours looks way worse. Maren has a party at 2ish, and my other two kids, at a different school from Maren, have a parade at 2:30 then class parties. I'll probably go to Maren's for 20/25 min. then to the parade, and hop back and forth to their parties. I lucked out and didn't have to help in any classes. (I get Valentines). We have trunk or treat and the church tonight, then do some house to house. Sam and I are going as Luv Jail Birds (prison outfits with a heart on chest, Sam will where a ball and chain) Maren is a ladybug,Aliza a bride, and Jackson a turkey hunter (last min. costume, crazy that we had everything for his costume at home:)

Crazymamaof6 said...

we have last minute changes every year.
Joy went as a fairy today to school and a witch tonight.
Hope was a cat this morning, lady bug this afternoon,and a cat tonight.
Pierce was supposed to be a devil. but we lost the horns. so he was a lady bug with a devil t-shirt. CLASSY.

we had no parties tonight. and stayed in our own hood.
my mom and brother came over and helped pass out candy. and my brothers family came to trick or treat with us.
we had fancy pancakes after the kids got done. i'll post pictures.

i can't wait to see your costume.

Ros said...

Yes, my kids (even boys) change their minds all the time. Thankfully, everyone is old enough to sort of put it all together themselves. I keep a couple of trunks of costumes and versatile props for them to dig through each year. I replenish sparkle spray, etc. each year and I always pick up something new to add after Halloween at 75% off. I just remembered, this summer at Disneyland, the treasures I chose to bring home were Mickey & Minnie hands and hats, for my trunk!

Anny said...

Blake was three things this year! I helped in three classrooms in one day, thank goodness Brooklyn took a nap in her stroller for two of them. No parties on Halloween, just quite family time walking in the rain and dark, very fun though. Crazy time of year for sure, you're an awesome mom for doing it all!