Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween is Coming!



I decided that I just don't have the time or energy to decorate my house for each and every holiday. So I am going to follow One Happy Mama's idea and just decorate my mantle. I'm liking how it turned out and since i have people over on Halloween I thought this holiday would be the perfect one to start with. (In the above picture everything was bought at Kirkland Home and Joann's except for the spooky banner which we made for "Fun Friday" )
My kids are loving the Halloween Candy. I can't keep them away! So much for the rule "no sugar during the week" Please - I can't keep myself from eating let a lone them!!!! See the jar with the black spiders? That was filled with Linder Chocolate Balls wrapped in orange pumpkin faces. Notice there are no more.................................I wonder who ate those??

My favorite find was this advent calendar I found at Kirkland Home. It has a wooden candy corn that you can move to each pocket as you count down the days. I hope they have one for Thanksgiving! Abby loves it!

And my table cloth I got at Pottery Barn Kids last year on clearance - $6.99. I put these little bags on each chair (I was going to tie them on with ribbon but have never gotten around to it). The girls love them and keep hoping they will find a prize in them. It really has been fun having Halloween decorations to get us in the SPOOKY SPIRIT!!!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Erin said...

Cute,cute! What a good idea to only decorate the mantel.

Jenifer said...

I thought you were just going to decorate the mantle...:) Your house always looks amazing. Have you been costume shopping?

onehm said...

OH the Halloween Cuteness!! LOVING that table cloth. ADORABLE. And your mantle looks spooooooky!! ;)
Sending you pictures tonight or tomorrow...sorry it's been sooooo late in getting to you. I've been sick again!!

Becca said...

I love how simple the decorating is. Just a little here and there, yet very cute, cute, cute! I'm not a big shopper, but if I can find some cute decorations for good deals, it would be worth it.

Crazymamaof6 said...

super super totally cute! love the decor! you are awesome!

Crystal Star said...

Great job. I got the same exact calendar from Kirklands. I was considering putting candy in each day, but that's the last think my kids need so I put Halloween corny jokes from the internet and printed them of on slips of paper for each day. Fun!

miscellany said...

Oh what a darling house! You make your neighbors jealous!!

Jennifer said...

CUTE cute cute! YOU are just so cute!

Em said...

I love all your Halloween cuteness! This is a holiday I have a hard time with. (sigh)

Anny said...

Your house is darling, and what are you talking about, it is totally decorated. I have to put up the scary skeletons and ghosts because the boys want our house to look like a haunted house. Yikes!