Sunday, November 30, 2008

More Blessings

#43
My Family

We may not see each other as often as we should.
It may be a little chaotic when we do get together.
We have our good times and out little spats.
But we are family.
We will be family forever.
And that is what I am thankful for.
A perfect forever family.

#44
My House

I didn't think it was my dream house when I picked it. But after being here for 3 years I can't help but think what a dream it is. It has kept us cool in the summer, warm in the winter. It doesn't leak anywhere when it rains. It has no little pesky scorpions - anywhere! It fits our family and friends and company and anyone else who may come over. It has a place for my roses and my garden. It has a big shade tree and a nice cool pool. It has the best neighbors up and down both sides of the street and just thinking about them makes me smile. Someday I hope to have my "dream house" but until someday comes this house will do just fine.

#45
Birthday's in November

I am so very thankful that I had the girls birthdays in November. I can't tell you what a relief it is knowing I don't have to squeeze in 2 birthday parties in the middle of December. I always feel bad asking people to buy a present and carve out time in their busy schedules for yet another party. The way I did it was perfect for us. Nothing ever happens before Thanksgiving so I didn't feel as bad adding to peoples crazy busy lives. This will be our new tradition. Who needs a party on your real birthday anyway? Knowing my girls, they will get a full day of pampering on their special day anyway.

#46
Memories

I love how our minds can conjer up memories anytime anywhere about anything. The mind is an amazing thing isn't it? My brothers and I have our little inside jokes and memories that we like to share with one another. Matt found an old video clip of a movie that we watched thousands of times when we were young. (For the love of Willadean) Oh the laughter of us recalling those memories. I also love how a smell, sound or a taste of something will bring old memories rushing back like they happened yesterday. Even though my parents aren't with us I know I can always feel them near when I remember little things about them. It brings comfort and peace knowing that.
Memories - it's a good thing!

5 comments:

pam said...

Great blessings.

crystal said...

I love the "Birthdays in November" idea! I'm swiping it!!! Get this: I have consecutive birthdays at the end of December on the 29th & 30th.

Ugh!

I try really hard to do it up really fun, but the kids feel caught in between. So next year...November!

I get a lot of good ideas from you.

raising4boys said...

Great blessings!! Memories is a great one. I love to think about memories and maybe that is where my love for scrapbooking comes in.

My sons birthday is on December 21st, what a great idea to have your girls parties in November. I've been trying to decide when would be a good day for his party. When his friends would be in town and such. December is such a busy month!

Chris and Rita (and Alex) said...

Hey Cara!!! I saw your comment on my blog! Good to hear from you. Your girls are adorable.
FYI: remember when you sent me those crockpot recipes over 10 yrs ago of Tamale Pie and stuff? Well, they made it into my hall-of-fame cookbook I made this year. Laminanted and all....so you are practically famous! (:
Take care. Say hello to Matt,Kurt,and Joey for me.
Take care.
Rita

Becca said...

Those a great blessings. Memories are the best aren't they? I just got back from Boise where I grew up and went down some well driven roads with my older brother, mom, Kass, and Anny. What a fun time passing something and one of us would tell a story from the past about that place. I think my mom learned a lot from that drive. :)