Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just a little F.Y.I.

Remeber those brownies I made for the six kiddo's the other night? Well, let me inform you that:

IF you leave a Pyrex 8x8 pan of brownies on the stove and,
IF you decide to accidentally turn the wrong burner on that stove and,
WALK AWAY thinking you are heating up the tea pot,
that Pyrex dish of brownies will EXPLODE AND CATCH ON FIRE!!!!!

Remember this next time you make brownies.
It will save you a lot of cleanup time.
I have had to wash down walls, cupboards, floors, ceilings,
vacuumed carpets, swept, swept and swept some more.
Luckily the Pyrex dish was blue so it made it a teensy weensy bit easier to clean up.
My house still smells like burnt smoke - ew!

10 comments:

Becca said...

WOW! What a horrible thing to happen. The smell I think is the worst part. It just lingers. I love the picture. I can still see the smoldering smoke:)

Jenifer said...

Disaster! Cleaning up glass is the worst. I've done that before, turned on the wrong burner.

Grandma T. said...

You guys were lucky that no one got "sharded" with blue pyrex. GrandpaT's safety sloran is..."Don' poke your eye out."

Nikki said...

Oh. my. goodness. That's scary. I used to have a blue pyrex til one of the kids dropped it on the tile floor. Blue is easier to find.
What a mess that must have been for you to clean up. Lucky that you live somewhere that you can open the windows and air it out for a few days. (Not happening in -2* New York weather!)

The {Prince} Family said...

ahhh! how scary! I am glad your house didn't start on fire. There is a house on my parents street that burned down less than a month ago. She left brownies on her stove. Kidding! But the house really did burn down.

I bet those would have been some great brownies!

Kristi said...

Wow, that's one to remember! Thanks for the tip! :-) FYI, I think we have the same countertops!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

yikes, that is scary!! I'm glad no one hurt!! Sorry, you had such a big mess to clean up!! But thanks for the FYI!

Anny said...

Oh Cara! I'm sorry I'm laughing. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time. I will be taking notes for sure!

Lolly Jane said...

augh-what a mess!! funny to blog about later though!! :)

momof3crazykids said...

That is so scary. I'm so glad no one got hurt. No one was in there at the time right? I would think you would say.