Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Things



Last night Abby woke up coughing. I took her in the kitchen, got her some medicine and a cough drop and put her back into bed. No sleeping with Mom and Dad when you are a bed hog.

(This is Tom and I with Abby and Flower the cat taking up most of the room- we also can't forget that Tom sleeps with four pillows and I sleep with three! Let's add that up - Two adults with seven pillows, one cat and one five year old. See why I took Miss Abby back to bed?)

I then climbed back into my bed and lay there thinking for a good hour. I always have the best blog posts that run through my head right before I go to sleep. I think to myself - oooh that's a good one - remember that. Then when I get up in the morning it's all a hazy, distant, floating out in brainland memory that I can't quite grasp and bring back. sighhhh
Last night I was thinking about how good I can see in the dark. It's like I have night vision or something. I can get up, go to the bathroom, get a drink, whatever and see pretty clearly everything around me. Everything is in black and white - I love that. It gives things a different perspective doesn't it? Have you ever wondered why there is no color anywhere at night. Just shades of black, white and gray. I'm sure I learned something about this in school but I'm not recalling exactly the scientific reasoning. Let's just say that's it's pretty cool and leave it at that.


Tonight the girls and I watched Just my Luck with Lindsey Lohan. It was very cute. My girls loved it. I was impressed that they said "oh my gosh" instead of the other more profound way. I was also disappointed that they used the S word more than a few times. Why do they have to do that? Anyway - still a cute movie even though I had to say, "um-that's a bad word- don't say that" to the girls. They have to learn the bad words somehow and since I'm not going to be saying them I have to teach them somehow. (I'm thinking positive)


I'm off to bed - I'm sooo tired. I think I did too much today. the sad thing is, it wasn't much! I just keep telling myself that this is MUCH better than a hip replacement and I'm only one week into recovery. Once more week and I'm sure I'll have my sass back!

Night♥

7 comments:

uniquelynat said...

OK WOW! So where have I been!!?!! actually- i've been at home with sick kids going on 2 weeks now. i'm in survival mode here. anyway- glad to hear that all went well with your surgery. hope you keep recovering well! love you!!!

Kimmurs said...

YOU JUST HAD MAJOR SURGERY !!!! REST. Ha ha. Love you

Kass said...

Hang in there my friend :) Wish I were there. . .sniff.

Megan said...

yes, your sass is what we are waiting for, but we can all be patient while you get better.

I suppose

Crazymamaof6 said...

cute post!
love the cough syrup one. hee hee so true.

now i remember what that movie is. i've actually seen it. cute.

ah sadly my kids learn all the bad words from me.

hang in there.

Anny said...

I had to laugh at your sleeping arrangements! Jim and I were visited in the night with two additional bodies and smashed to death. Hope you have a better week!

Becca said...

I can not sleep with any one else in the bed either. Maren just slept on the floor next to our bed just last night. That movie is a cute movie, I don't think my kids have seen it yet.