Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Book Club and Craft Night


Lets talk about some fun stuff before I get into the details of my weekend. Fun is always better and I have some cute things to play "Blog Catch-up" with.

Let's start with Book club!
This month was extra fun because we not only got to eat Mindy's YUMMY food (she really out did herself), talk about our book club selection - The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, we got to be CRAFTY too! And who doesn't love being crafty? Yep, craft night at Book club. Tons-O-Fun! And what did we make? Glitter Cups of course for the "Confessions of a Shop-a-holic Movie "!!! Monica came up with the idea and they are over the top cute! We had a lot of fun assembling them and laughing and being silly. I think we need to have craft night at Book club more often!
Some of the girls just glittered their cups and decorated them with a flower. Others made the "Shopaholic" cup with tulle, belt, Prada tags, shoes and lipstick. I don't have a picture of the finished product but when I do I'll post it. It will probably be from when we go to the movie!
Mindy's table was so pretty! We ate and ate and there was still a ton of food left. I bet her kids were happy the next day to gobble up those left overs. I would have been!
Thanks girls for the fun night. I love getting out once a month and when we can have this much fun it makes me thankful for friends like you!

**side note on the book club selection: This book is a quick read. I read it in about half a day while I was in the hospital. Although it is a sad book I liked the perspective it portrayed and loved the authors writing style. I don't like books that have a sad ending - hence why I read the end first. Since I was a little groggy from surgery I didn't read the end and was depressed for the rest of the day. Probably not a good hospital read. I would however recommend this book because it makes you think a little differently about the Holocaust.***

6 comments:

Kass said...

I seriously wanted to grab the food in the picture. YUM & beautiful! Book Club is the best.

Kass said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
uniquelynat said...

that looks like a blast. just from the picture i recognize a lot of those ladies. what a fun group. i want to make a glitter cup! you need to post a pic of just the cup so i can see it up close and get an idea.:o)

idahohubers said...

Fun! There are a wealth of crafty ideas in these two pictures. I'm glad I've experienced the glitter cups in person - they really are something! I want to see that movie so bad!

Anny said...

What a fun night. I'm hungry now! Cute craft too and thanks for the book summary, always looking for a good book.

Becca said...

What a fun night. You've got to give a little imput on how to make those glitter cups. They sound fun.