Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hooked on Houses

Have you ever seen this Blog?
Hooked on Houses?

Well, I would have to say it's a blog after my own heart. I swear I am in love with houses! I have ALWAYS been in love with houses for as long as I can remember. I don't care what kind of house it is - I will jump at the chance to go inside and take a peak. This is why I love blogging. I can get into peoples homes without being too much of a Peeping Tom. Well, at least they don't know I'm being a Peeping Tom. Yes, I'm the person that loves to go driving by houses.... at.... night.....so I can see inside the windows. I'm weird I know. You don't have to tell me. I also have a photographic memory when it comes to floor plans, neighborhoods, landscapes. I can tell you exactly what that house looks like from the inside 10 years ago because I went into it as a model home. Yep - obsessed.

I also have a full (and I mean full) file on my computer and in my desk drawer of pictures of homes, rooms, gardens, landscapes, windows, walls, paint colors, themes, you name it....I've got it. I'm telling too much aren't I? Are you scared?

HGTV? I'm it's biggest fan. Extreme Home Makeover? Big fan there too! Home magazines? I should own stock - or I should have owned stock then sold when it was high because now it's low so that wouldn't do me any good would it? Dr's office visits? I don't mind because most of the time they have magazines I haven't read so I can catch up on the decorating goodness inside those pages.

One of Tom's clients is getting ready to build a house. Her DREAM HOUSE! How fun is that? She also wants one of the Realtor's to take her around town looking at homes for sale to get ideas. Um...yeah....can you see where I'm going with this? I have, of course, volunteered my services to come along and "help" her find ideas in said houses. Yep, someone has to do it right? She even has my exact taste in houses. Traditional/Cottage. I have even taken it upon myself to look up a few houses on the MLS for her viewing pleasure (and mine) that we can go see to get said ideas. I have to admit.....I can hardly wait!!!!!

So if you are as obsessed as I am with houses. Here are a few of my favorite blogs to get you inspired to spruce up your diggs in your own little masterpiece!



O.K. That's it for now. I have to go get Abby from school. I'm sure some of these are on my sidebar but I thought I would post them here anyway. I hope you enjoy looking at them.

Hey! I have an idea?! Leave a comment with a link to your favorite home or garden site. It could be a website, blog, pictures of your house...whatever! Let's share the house love! I would love to get more ideas from all you fellow bloggers out in blogland. And I know you have a file with ideas too. Don't be shy! Share the love!!! What do you say?
Leave a comment - Share the Love!

7 comments:

idahohubers said...

I love houses too. I'm glad we got to peek in some Encanto park windows. That is still a highlight of my trip. I drove through those neighborhoods at least 2 more times that week!

Crazymamaof6 said...

i am so the same way about houses. and magazines. i can't wait to check out your links list. FABULOUS!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

love your blog so much i gave you an award :)

blah, blah by lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blah, blah by lindsey said...

sorry that was me who deleted

Becca said...

What a great post. I like looking at houses too, but have no designing talent. I would have to say I loved my house growing up. A three story with a basement victorian style home on 10 acres. I'm sure you saw it on Anny's post when she went to her school reunion last summer. I still can go through every inch in my head. I sure miss it.

uniquelynat said...

ok- no web site to share. but i have to say that i too am a peeping tom. along with older sis & b-i-l. when i lived in utah, before i got married, we would do that exact thing. walk or drive- it didn't matter- we would peep...and LOVE it! all 3 of us having a gay old time looking in other's homes.

i started walking through model homes when i was 17. i still do it. glad to know i'm not as much of a freak as i thought.....or at least not the only one! :o)