Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm sick.
I've got a cold.
Sniff - Hack - Sniff


What I need is comfort food
Have you seen this site?
The Joy of Baking
It has yummy things that would defiantly
bring me comfort.

I think I might make this: The Coffee Cake (I love a good coffee cake)
Abby wants to make the Lemon Cake. That sounds good too.

And I printed off the recipe for Gingerbread Cake because that screams comfort to me!

I think it should be a law that when you are sick calories don't count. You should be able to eat whatever - whenever and if it makes you feel even a teensy bit better then YIPEE!!!I'll let you know how it turns out. I think it may be the Lemon Cake. I just squeezed 12 cups of lemon juice the other day and I need to use it up. And yes, I do realize that I am wierd and that baking does make me feel better. Some people read, some sleep, some whine.....I bake.


(I'm also making Beef Stew for Dinner -Now that's comfort food!)

5 comments:

uniquelynat said...

yummmm!!! that looks delicious! i would like that lemon cake! and beef stew...yummy! i wish i loved to bake (or even cook) alas- i don't enjoy those things....unless there is an occasion to do it for. have fun.

i have a cold too....left overs from the flu. yuck. one day i will get the rest my body needs so that i can get over it. so i guess that means i am a rest all you can type when i am sick. only that doesn't mean sleep. it includes- sleeping, read, movies, anything that i can lay/sit for.

feel better soon!

Sarah said...

Cara!! I found you on blogger!! What a trip! :) You have such a sweet family.
Thanks for the hook-up with all those yummy recipes! Your blog is wonderful.

Jenifer said...

Oh man! I hope your cold goes away quickly! That's all you need!

Kristi said...

Ooh, that all looks way to good! FYI, my mom always pours her lemon juice into ice cube trays, freezes, and then bags the cubes in freezer bags to use all year long. I can't wait til we have a lemon tree and we can have fresh lemonade year round!

Nikki said...

I bet your family gets so excited when you're sick so they can eat lots of yummy desserts like these! Your tastes parallel mine it seems. That's comfort food right up my alley too. Hope you're on the mend soon!