Wednesday, June 10, 2009

End Of School Gifts

This year for the girls teacher gifts I used the amazing gumball idea and “what we love about you” book from Kristi at Everything is Pink. HERE, HERE, and HERE is another great idea for you to file away for a cute gift idea. I know I’m a little bit late in posting but better late than never. I also thought these would be cute for Sunday School teachers, Camp Leaders, coaches, anyone who helps my kids and spends time with them on a regular basis.DSC01365 Abby’s school colors were Red, White and Blue so I did the gumballs in the same colors. Cassidy’s school colors are red, black and tan so I didn’t use the school colors (wink). I wanted to use the multi-color polka dot ribbon I had but didn’t have enough. I ran to Joann's, and Wal-Mart but no luck. I should have gone to the ribbon store but it’s 30 min. away and I just didn’t have the time. So we did the multi-colored ribbons instead. The girls gave the gumballs to the teachers, aides, bus drivers, and Principal. And guess what? both Principals wrote and mailed Thank You cards to the girls for the Gumballs!!! Very impressive I must say!

DSC01388

DSC01366

The room Mom (also named Kara) and I worked together in getting The coupon book project finished, I told her how I had done this for Cassidy’s 2nd grade teacher and how it was such a wonderful experience and she went to town. I helped get some of the kids answers and glues it together but she did most of it. It was a HUGE hit and I’m so glad Abby’s teacher liked it. She is the BEST teacher and this is just a little something for us to show our love to her.

DSC01369

I loved how Kara put a picture of each child on the page with the statement. So clever!

DSC01370

Each Child put in $3 so there was the statement paper then $3, the Statement paper, $3, etc. When I did it before I had $100 and 100 things we love and will miss about Mrs.. Teacher. Then I alternated paper, $1, paper, $1. This time worked just as well and again – loved the picture (and that i didn’t have to do the entire project myself!)

I’m so thankful for such wonderful Teachers and Principals, Bus Drivers, Teacher Aides and Mom’s who work in the classroom! My kids are so lucky and so am I!

DSC01371

Happy summer and let me know what YOU did for your teachers!

Also – can you read my new font? Or does it look like the regular ol’ font?

4 comments:

Jenifer said...

You ARE amazing! I wish i could teach your girls something. Too adorable!

Kristin said...

Loved the teacher gifts. Where did you come up with the check idea. It's fabulous. Love your blog. (I'm Pam's cousin)

crystal said...

W.O.W. You are so fabulous! I can't believe what you accomplish.

How did you make the tags? They are so cute.

The Riggs Family said...

Sooo cute Cara! Wish I had kids still in school...
Hope your feeling better!