Monday, June 15, 2009

They’re Baaaack!

My family left me all alone this weekend.  ALL ALONE!!!  I only had Flower the cat to keep me company.  It was sad and lonely  and I hope they never do that to me again!  I love them ♥♥♥

DSC01327

Tom had a meeting in Colorado so we planned to go up as a family like we did last year.  We had such a great time!!!  I was so looking forward to it.  But then…….my body just wasn’t up to the challenge the closer we got to the trip.  I’m all puffy and my joints are going through a flare up.  I’m tired and short tempered and achy.  Riding in the car for 10 hours then staying in CO for two days then riding in a car for 10 hours just didn’t seem like a good idea.  Sad I know. 

abby and jill

So Tom being the good sport that he is took the girls and off they went.  He even took Jane and Jill (the girls friends who live in CO) with him on the trip to CO.  So he drove 10 hours with two 10 year olds and a 7 year old and a 5 year old.  I think he should win the DAD of the YEAR award!!!!!!  He’s so awesome!  I just love him! 

They had fun, they got their teeth cleaned, haircuts, went to a drive-in movie, went fishing (and caught 8 fish!) spent time with our friends their (John and Suzanne) and even went shopping!  Suzanne helped out with the shopping part while Tom had his meeting. 

jane and cass

Wish I  could have gone but I’m so thankful and feel so blessed that they made it back safe.  I was so worried that something would happen and I would be alone for the rest of my life! 

These pictures are from our trip last year.  I took pictures of the girls before they left so I’ll post them soon.  Tom didn’t have a camera so no pictures were taken while they were gone.  I’m o.k. with that – they came home and that’s all that matters!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

What an amazing husband!! Good for you! :) I think I would relish in a whole weekend alone in the house, but I would also be really glad when everyone got home too. (at least I'd like it if I was feeling good.) Hope you're feeling better!

Webb Family said...

Wow!! Tom is one wonderful hubby.
You should have called me!

sherri fay said...

This is the cutest blog ever!! I could stay here forever. Great ideas. How do you do it all?