Monday, September 14, 2009

Employed for Free

I started my new job today.
I didn't want to get a job until after January.
Let me fully enjoy the holidays and all.
But the opportunity presented it's self so agreed.

My new job is working in Miss Amberly's classroom.
Everyday I go in for a couple of hours to help the teacher.
I'm hoping this will accomplish two things:

1) Help Amberly feel secure so she doesn't cry anymore.
2) See what her classroom is like so I can find out why there is so much crying.

I'm crossing my fingers that I can get to the bottom of this.
I don't think my heart can take much more sadness from my little sweetie♥

4 comments:

Lynn F. said...

Hey Cara! Congrats on your new job. Are you working in Abby's class as a volunteer or as an employee? Wish you'd come work in my room-we'd have so much fun!
--Lynn
p.s. Tell Mindy sorry to hear about her house. My house didn't burn down or flood but you can still come redecorate any time!

Nikki said...

Sounds like the perfect solution! I'm sure she'll LOVE having Mommy in the room!! Hope it works well.

idahohubers said...

Oh, sad for her that she still has such a hard time at school. I'm sure being there will help you see what's up. We've had an interesting transition to school this year too. Benjamin SAYS he loves school and acts fine there which is great. BUT he BEHAVES differently at home with some of his worst traits coming to the surface daily, several times a day. So there is something up with that.

Children's behavior tells us what they don't have the words or understanding to tell us. I'll be in his class once a week to help out and also to see what's up! Maybe there is something I can do differently at home to balance his behavior OR maybe he needs a different teacher (last resort). Good luck! She'll be OK and your fabulous Mom instincts will kick in with solutions.

Anny said...

I love being in the classroom. I think it will be good for both you and little Amberly. Best of luck