Monday, November 9, 2009

House Week - Top Ten Picks

Above my front door that I look at everyday when I leave the house is a saying:
The Most Important Things In Life Aren't Things

This is to remind me of a lot of things, my family, my faith, my knowledge and wisdom, my cute little girls and my sweet husband. All of the things that I get to take with me when I leave this earth. I don't get to take all the "things that surround me, pulling me in every direction."

That said, my Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas is coming up in a month and............

I have made my list of "things"and checked it twice.
Everything happens in one month for me so I have got to plan accordingly.
Don't judge me.
The sign works 11 months out of the year!

Since it's "House Week" I thought you could preview my list of things to fill my house.
It does count...doesn't it???

Top 10 Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas "Things"
1) Love this lip gloss. I tried it on Saturday at the Blissfest and it stayed on ALL day!
That is rare for me. I eat my lip gloss off in about 15 min! Go check it out here I was wearing generosity and wisdom together.

2) This bike - even if it is a little Grandma-ish would be perfect for me and my arthritic body. That way I can take the girls around town for some girly biking fun. I don't know about the color blue - maybe yellow or red or hot pink! 3) I am in D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E- need of some new jeans. I have one pair that I like - ONE PAIR! So embarrassing!
4) Have I told you the story of when I had three couples over for dinner and realized that I didn't have enough silverware? Uh hello!!!! Nothing matched and I can't seem to remember EVER getting a brand new set - EVER. I think what I have in my drawer is my Mothers wedding set, a second set that we bought at the grocery store when I was 10 and a few other random pieces. Even with all those I still don't have enough to feed eight people. Jeez!

5) A new bathtub that will cover every inch of my body in water. Dreamy.
6) I saw these at Anthropology - Thanks Emily for giving me the idea to go there. I want A LOT of things there but stood in front of these measuring/cups/bowls for 20 min. trying to convince myself into buying them. They are $38 but each little cup can measure 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 and 1 cup. I want them - therefore I need them!

7) Love this little sweater from Down East Basics - love it! And I love her make-up too!


8) This would look so pretty over my dining table. Or over my new tub either way................


9) Oprah did a purse and shoe intervention and it made me realize that my shoes are.....LAME! So on my list are these little beauties from Zappos.

10) A wrap dress looks good on......anyone with any body type. (I'm serious! Have you ever worn one?)This one is on my list (Down East Basics). I saw one at Gap that was cute but couldn't find a picture of it.

What is on your Top 10 List today?
Oh and because it's house week - here is my favorite house plan site
William E. Poole


4 comments:

Ros said...

It counts! It counts! I think my fave is the lip gloss.... hmm, or maybe the flatware...

Christi said...

I want the measuring cups and the chandelier. And the bathtub, too.

Webb Family said...

Thanks for the great ideas for your birthday:)

Anny said...

At least you have ONE pair of jeans you like. Everytime I think I am going to go splurge on a nice pair of jeans something happens. Tonsil surgery, huge plumbing bill, x-rays for nonbroken hands, dermatologist visits, new car battery, sport dues, etc. etc. etc. Those jeans are calling my name! AND I miss my big jetted tub, that I used every night, sooooo bad. I hope you get that one!!!