Tuesday, February 2, 2010

update:

Aunt Janet is out of surgery and doing just plain wonderful.  The infection she had was removed and now her body can focus on getting better without trying to fight that nasty stuff that was making her sick.  She's had a very tough year and we were so worried that she wouldn't make it through the surgery.  She was blessed and has her spirits high and her hopes higher.  We are so thankful♥

Amberly is home with the chicken pox.  The bumps showed up on Saturday but has been a very mild case and she doesn't seem to be feeling very sick.  I think she's just happy to be home with Mom for a week.  The school had to fill out a report on her for the county.  How lucky are we?!

Yesterday Cassidy came home from sick with the flu.  Today she seems much better so the girls are crafting and playing and are happy as clams.  My house is a disaster but hopefully they will help me do massive clean later before I lose it!

The picture of me in my 52 Blessing post was taken by Ashley last year.  And even though I wish that was my house it is not.  Boo-Hoo.  It's my friend Michelle's house and she lives in my dream neighborhood.  Someday when my fairy godmother shows up I'm going to ask her for a house next to Michelle♥

Happy Birthday to my brother Kurt.  He's great.  I ♥ him.  How fun is it to have your birthday on groundhogs day?  Fun I tell ya!   He looks a little tired in this picture but I tell you what.  He's always got something going and can make and/or fix anything.  Happy Birthday Kurt!  We love you!

It's 12:49 and I haven't eaten yet.  I better go put on my apron and channel Julia Child and make some lunch.
Any ideas for lunch or dinner tonight?  I'm thinking breakfast for dinner since I didn't get any this morning.
Omelets, blueberry waffles and sausage.  Sounds good.  I better go fill my belly!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Cara -- I love you and I miss you and I wish I was watering your plants!! I'm glad aunt Janet is doing so well! Tell her I said hi! Love your guts!!

Nikki said...

Glad she did well in surgery and hope the girls are all recovered quickly!

That breakfast dinner sounds so yummy. Do you have WW recipes for that?

Kass said...

I love, love reading your blog, Cara! I sure wish we lived at least within driving distance. (I don't know if I'll ever do the AZ drive again after last time:)

Breakfast for dinner is a favorite around here. We also make those Buttermilk Spice muffins from Mimis Cafe that you made for us when we were lucky enough to come visit you!

Anny said...

I am glad to hear she is doing good. So scary.
Fun to have your girls home, but I hope they feel better soon.
and
Happy birthday Kurt!