Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sick and Tired

We have had a crazy week.  Monday the girls were sooo ready to go back to school.  They were excited to see their friends and I was excited to start a new week.  Everything started out great then Cassidy's cough got worse and worse.  When she gets allergy's or a cold it goes straight into her lungs.  And man can that girl sound like she's going to die at any minute.  What this means it that we didn't get any sleep from Tuesday on.  Yep, I think I've changed my mind about that 2 year old.  I like my sleep.

I tried to get her into the Dr. but ALL FOUR OFFICES WERE BOOKED!!!!  Can you believe that?  I thought about urgent care but remembered I had a perscription for an antibiotic that I didn't use for Cass a while ago.  (I saved it just for something like this).  I went and filled it and prayed that she would get better.

Nope.  All night we were up with her the poor thing.  At 7am I took her to this cool emergency hospital that claims "Door To Doc in 31 Minutes!"  I had never been and urgent care wasn't open and I wasn't going to try the Dr. again or the regular emergency room by our house so off we went. 

This place was amazing!  We walked in, I gave her my insurance card and away we went.  We were in the door and then leaving with the door closing behind us in less that 31 minutes!  I was shocked!!!  Seriously, they have got it down!  And everyone was so friendly and nice and helpful.  Except Cassidy - when they tried to have her cough she couldn't and it sounded totally wimpy.  I hate feeling like they think I'm exaggerating! They gave us different antibiotics and some cough syrup with codine and we came home and she slept for 3 hours. 

All day the girls played outside in the warm sunshine in the backyard making a fort.  They played ALL DAY!  Didn't fight ONCE!!  Do you think it's because they got to stay home from school so it felt different?  I don't know but I loved it.  That's what sisters are for.  Playing...not fighting.

We had cereal and toast for dinner cause that's the kind of day it was.  Everyone was happy and in bed early!  I'm crossing my fingers that Cass won't cough all night.  wish me luck♥

2 comments:

Mardi said...

I ended up in the emergency room with Remi the night before we left AZ to come home at Christmas time. She came down with Croup and I knew I could get her home comfortably without a visit to the ER. We never even sat down in the waiting room. And the service was great. Mom told me to go to the ER on Power Rd and not Mercy. She taught it might be faster and she was right. I would go back there again if we had too.

Anny said...

I'm so sorry. Such a scary sickness. But 31 minutes? Are you serious. I don't want to take my kids to the ER because I know it is a 5 hour $800 ordeal. That sounds awesome!