Sunday, April 4, 2010

52/BP/14


This week I am thankful for FOOD.  Any food!  No just kidding.  I am thankful for food but mostly the good-for-you-kind.  The whole grains and lean meats and fish.  The yummy fruits and veggies that seem to always be in season. 

I've been on a crazy diet for the past 3 weeks.  It is very strict and limits most food if you can believe it.  No carbs, no oil and no sugar.  Not even any fake sugar.  It's supposed to clean you out of all the built up toxins and get your body healthy and happy again.  I have to say it is working and I feel great but oh how I miss FOOD!  I even miss my own cooking - can you believe that? 

Easter was hard.  I made a full spread for my family.  Honey Baked Ham, funeral potatoes, fresh green beans, baked apples and lemon meringue pie. It was gooood.  The family said so.  I didn't have one bite of any of it.  Well, I did sneak a piece of ham the size of a quarter but that doesn't count.  I also didn't have one piece of Easter candy.  Yep, I was strong - super strong! 

I have one more week and then I can start adding in different foods.  I can't wait to be able to eat healthy whole grains and healthy everyday food.  It was worth it but man do I miss FOOD!

2 comments:

Let Your Hair Down said...

hey i didn't have one single piece of Easter candy either Yea for us!!

Kass said...

I did South Beach diet with Mick a few months ago and I did feel better, etc. but I missed food too. It is such a HUGE part of my life I didn't realize until I went without. I'm so proud of you. I ate myself sick over Easter. Never again. ha ha