Monday, April 19, 2010

My Friend Mindy


Do you remember me talking about my friend who went out of town for 3 weeks only to return to find that her house had FLOODED then a few days later IT CAUGHT FIRE!!!

Well, thankfully that was last year and everything is back to normal and she has a brand new fully remodeled house.  Yes, I am a tad bit jealous but only because her house is so pretty!  I was over there the other day and whipped out my camera and took a bunch of photo's of her amazing kitchen re-do.  However........my point & shoot camera did not do it justice so i will have to go over there with my good camera and re-take the pictures so I can show you her new gorgeous kitchen.  

For now, I will show you what she made out of her mirror frame that broke during the flood.
She had this HUGE mirror in her bedroom on the wall and somehow it fell off the wall and the mirror part broke.  We have been trying to come up with a new way to use this frame and here it is!

She painted it black (it was gold) and took some frames she had and painted those black as well.  She had that cute little rectangular mirror that's in the bottom right corner that she painted black as well.  We then headed down to Joann's and found the prettiest blue fabric to inset into her magnetic frame she already had (that she painted black and added some molding detail).  The silhouette of her youngest was done by a Mom in his kindergarten class for only $10!  What a deal♥

She painted the two mattes with blue acrylic and the paint has an almost shimmer to it.  It's so pretty.  My camera didn't do this justice as well but I couldn't wait to post it.  

To top it off she added some feathers and flowers to the corner to give it the POP that it needed.  I am in love and am on the hunt for a large frame of my own!  I have just the spot for it over my couch!! 

What do you think?  Are you in love with it as much as I am?

4 comments:

Ros said...

yes! I am in love, and I am jealous of her ability to put it all together so well! I love hearing this update of Mindy's wonderful new house -- can't wait to see the kitchen =)

Kristi said...

Oooh, I've been wanting to do this type of collage over the couch in my our family room...thanks for some ideas to roll around! I've had my eye out for a big fram that would work for a while now with no luck, so let me know if you find a good place to look. I'm considering just buying molding...

Lauralee said...

Love it! can't wait to see more pics!

onehm said...

IN LOVE for sure!!! :)
Can't WAIT to see the rest of the house!