Saturday, June 26, 2010

Off the Wagon

I've fallen and I can't get up..........
This has been the worst week as far as feeding my family good, nutritious food.  Summer is very hard to stay on the healthy track.  It seems like my kids always have a popcicle or sugary snack in their hands.  I didn't even know I had so many sugary snacks in the house!  Where did they come from?  The sugar fairy?

(my Mom always blamed the "_____ Fairy" whenever something good happened. there was the cleaning fairy, the onion fairy, the treat fairy, the painting fairy, the garden fairy....you get the idea).

It's bad people.....BAD over here.  I think Monday morning I'm doing a clean sweep and getting rid of all the junk.  It pains me to see my kids eat so bad but summer is so.............hard for that.  What do I do?


p.s. I need help in keeping me from eating the peanut butter M&M's that are hidden in my bottom drawer by my bed.  Shhhhhhhh.

2 comments:

Mardi said...

I threaten my kids all the time that I am going to throw out all the yummy after dinner snacks if they don't eat good meals. But then who am I really punishing.... me! It is a catch 22 isn't it. However, we don't have any soda in the house which is a big unhealth snack. Just small things like swedish fish, licorish, pop sicles, etc. Good luck with your mission to rid your house of junk food.

Becca said...

Sounds like a big task. I get on those kicks every once in a while, but Summer is hard, especially when it's travel or boating time.