Friday, August 27, 2010

Make-up Brushes

I was putting my make-up on the other day and by the end I thought to myself....."I've looked better" and walked out of the bathroom.  It wasn't going to be a good day.

That got me thinking, why do some days you get ready feeling really good about yourself and others....not so much?

There are many scenarios - bad hair day or good hair day!, not enough sleep which means bags under the eyes or great dreams with plenty of sleep and a happy disposition.  Boring old clothes or brand new outfit!  Or how about dirty make-up brushes.  Have you thought about that?

How many of you clean your make-up brushes?  
I do but not regularly and when I do clean them it sure makes a difference!  It's amazing really.  I'm sure there are plenty of fancy make-up brush cleaners out there but I just use my color safe shampoo.  I can always tell when I need to clean them....it hurts to put my make-up on.  I use Bare Minerals Makeup so it's powder everything.  When the brush starts scratching my face I give them a good washing in the sink with shampoo and warm water.  I let them air dry and wha-la!  They are soft, shiny and good as new.  That's a money saver too because good brushes aren't cheap these days.  Today when I put my makeup on I noticed I didn't have to use as much (money saving tip #2) and I looked better in the end.  It's no miracle but i'll take it!

5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

great post. i got bare minerals. and man it's a process. like i have to think about it before i'm ready to leave the house. instead of putting it on in the car. sigh.

hmmm. i should go wash my brushes.

Grandma T. said...

I had such a good time following your links around.

Mardi said...

LOVE MY BARE MINERALS MAKEUP TOO!!!!! Been using it for about 7 years and love, love love it. I hated liquid foundation and so I hardly ever wore makeup until bare minerals came into my life. I will have to wash my brushes instead of buying new ones. I hadn't even thought of doing that. Great tip Miss Cara :)))

robin said...

oh man i need to wash my makeup brushes more. i think i wash them once a year...
but you're right, it makes such a difference!

Becca said...

What a great post. I would have never thought to wash the brushes with shampoo. What a great idea.