1) painted anything but the girls rooms
2) changed out the curtain rods in the living room that have never had curtains on them
3) found a rug for the office
4) found a use for the living room that is practical and functional
I could go on.
I love Sarah's House Notebook over at Clover Lane I think I may have to make one for myself this year. I keep going into the different rooms of my house and seeing little fix-it things that need to be done. Her ideas is BRILLIANT as usual.
So, I'm going to start my notebook and put the living room first. After that I just need to figure out what I want my living room to look like. Here are a few of my fav's:
I want to re-do my old antique chair in my bedroom like this and move it into the living room. I recovered it before....I just need to get the guts up to re-cover it again. (image Miss Mustard seed)
I just can't seem to stray far from white. It's so darn pretty I can't seem to change my way of thinking no matter how hard I try. (image via turquoise, tulips and bliss)
I love this but with different color curtains. Maybe yellow and cream, or sage green and cream? (via miss mustard seed)
I love the white curtains, the bamboo shades, the white woodwork and the rug.
I don't know if I could do blue but maybe?
I know! I know...they all look the same! And do you know how hard it is to find furniture like this in the southwest. Ummm try impossible! Oh this picture is dreamy. I can just see the ocean out my windo if I could have this decor! (image via katie sellers)
I know this wouldn't work in a living room but a hallway or alcove?
It's dreamy and makes me think of Pride and Prejudice.
(image via french garden house)
This is sooo California to me. Beach cottage. I like it. I'm usually not a fan of brown but this is more of a gray brown so it's working. Love the barn doors best of all! (image via greige)
I love this room too! Love the real table that is being used as a sofa table. I also love how there isn't a TV anywhere. only in design can you do that. not if you have a husband and children. (image via room remix)
I guess for now I will continue looking for ideas and wait another 5 years before I do anything (wink)




3 comments:
We have the exact same vision.....I especially love the last pic and the one with the Christmas tree. I am in the mood for a little change up too!
I love every picture & don't you worry with our new "club" you will have a lot done & soon!
I love all those rooms. I love white too, but don't know if I could do it. It would get dirty in seconds, and I wouldn't be a happy mom.
Post a Comment