Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thoughts

I'm sitting here with not once ounce of energy left in my body.  This has been a very long, busy week filled with every possible commitment that could be crammed into it.  Why do we do that to ourselves?  I know some if it can't be helped.  A 10 page-scrapbook-book report for example.  Sometimes life is easy and other times........well lets just say, the harder the journey the stronger we get.

My house is a wreck.  I told Tom that I don't think it has been this bad since we moved in and boxes were everywhere.  It's that bad.  I have literally not picked up one thing in a week.  Seriously, I walk over the most random things on the floor and I don't even care at this point.  It's become quite comical.  For example, I looked down while talking to Tom and saw a wad of smashed cookie dough smeared into the tile and..didn't..even..bend..over..to..pick..it..up.  Like I said, it's that bad and I'm that tired. 

Tomorrow starts our fall break which means no homework, no commitments, no pressure and I am so looking forward to it.  We decided to stay close to home and I'm o.k. with that.  I wanted to go see the ocean but that can happen on another break.  The weather has finally cooled off and why would I want to leave when it's perfect weather here?  The girls were pretty disappointed until Tom told them he would give them some money and they could go to the mall.  Who knew they could be bribed so easily?  I can't wait to sleep in, lounge around and play with my little family.  Fun times are ahead.  For now, I'm off to bed.

No comments: