Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Weigh In

Happy February!  Tomorrow is my brother Kurt's birthday.  I'm going to have to think hard and long on what to get him.  Or...maybe I should just call his wife and ask her.  He's so darn creative so I need something that will WOW him!

I started a weight loss challenge x2.  My friends Mindy and Monica and I are doing weight watchers online (which is very easy to do and highly effective!).  We have to text each other on Fridays with our weight loss.  I do so much better when I know I'm doing it with friends and I have to be held accountable.  Then, on Sundays I go weigh in with another group and my friend Chelsa. They are doing it for money but I'm just going to be weighing in. (I don't have enough to lose to qualify - bummer).

By doing this weight loss challenge I've realized that I am a huge snacker.  I already know that I love to bake which get's me in trouble (thigh wise) but snacking???  I had no idea!  All those little handfuls of nuts, crackers, and chocolate covered cashews are where my big behind came from!  Sheesh.

I also am loving my green smoothies.  Yesterday I had one for lunch.  It had 1 banana, 1 orange, spinach, chard, mixed frozen berries (cherries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries) mixed with coconut water for only 1 ww point!  The 1 point came from the coconut water.  The new ww rules are all fruits and veggies are 0 points.  Whoot-Whoot!  Green smoothies will be my new best friend - 0 points and they fill you up and are so good for you.  I got my five fruits and veggies for the day in one meal.  (I eat more than five but w want's you to eat at least five)

This month is off to a great start!  Now if only the darn storage bag would come that I ordered a month ago so I could put my Christmas tree away.  If it doesn't come soon I'm going to have to resort to decorating it for Valentines day.


No comments: