Friday, August 24, 2012

Back to School 2012

School has started back up.  I can't believe how fast the summer flew by!  We had so much fun this summer.  I loved not having a schedule, sleeping in, swimming everyday and staying up late.  My girls are at a really fun age where they get along so well and we can just be together without a lot of fighting. 



I love taking a picture of the girls on the first day of school.  Looking back over the years it floors me how fast they grow.  Cassidy grew an entire inch from July- August!  One month!  She is now a half inch taller than I am!  Both my girls will be taller than me I just know it.

I won't lie and say that the last week was hard and I wanted school to start ASAP.  The excitement that these girls had for school could not be contained in their little bodies.  They were bouncing off the walls and couldn't focus on much of anything (chores).  It was hard to give up our easy breezy summer schedule but since they were ready so was I.  The first day went off without a hitch and both girls are loving school. 

And this picture is why I don't buy school pictures.  No school photographer could capture the twinkle that's in her beautiful brown eyes like her mama can.  Do you see the love? ♥  So remember, when it's time for school pictures......save you cash and take your own.  It will be worth it.  

1 comment:

Crissybug said...

I know you redid your door a long time ago, but i still am drooling over it. i love the valance over the door too!

Your girls are too adorable...they really are growing so fast.