Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cold Chills and Bad Memories

This morning I ran outside to get Abby's lunchbox out of the car.  A city truck was driving by and slowing down right in front of my house.  I stopped dead in my tracks and a cold sweat started to form on my brow.  The man looked at me with my wild hair and fuzzy bathrobe and did a u-turn.  Now I was starting to panic. Was this guy here for us?  A city truck can only mean one thing.............he's here to shut off the water.

Now if you are new to this blog or you can't remember my "most embarrassing moment of 08" then please feel free to click HERE and read all about it.  It's a goody I tell you...............a goody!

Thankfully for us he continued to do that u-turn and park in front of my neighbors house.  All I could do is hold my breath and stare.  I watched him walk up to the door, leave a note and then proceed to turn off my neighbors water.  Oh the bad memories started flooding back and I suddenly got a cold chill remembering my bath in the freezing cold pool to wash the conditioner out of my hair. (I told you that story was a goodie).  I didn't know what to do?  Run after him yelling, "Can't you wait till the kids are off to school?  They will need to brush their teeth!? Nope, I stood rooted to my spot on the driveway cold seeping into my toes through my socks.  I finally went inside, made Abby's lunch feeling so bad for my neighbors.  I'm sure they just forgot to pay their water bill.  It happens to the best of us.  Right?

As I was taking Abby to school, I noticed my neighbors kids at the bus stop.  "Did they get to brush their teeth?" is all I could think as I passed them.  One will never know.

1 comment:

Mardi said...

That is so sad....